Ovomaltine Crunchy Cream Apple Crumble Cake
Are you looking for a dessert recipe in Austrian style? Then we have just the right thing for you: The phenomenal Ovomaltine Crunchy Cream apple crumble cake!
|For the dough|
|270 g||butter, room temperature|
|220 g||icing sugar|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|5 tablespoon||Ovomaltine Crunchy Cream, to spread|
|For the apple layer|
|For the crumbles|
|100 g||tender oat flakes|
|70 g||Caotina powder|
|1 pinch||of salt|
|50 g||butter, soft in flakes|
|100 g||Ovomaltine Crunchy Cream|
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- For the dough, beat the butter with the icing sugar until creamy. Add the eggs one by one and stir in. Mix the flour with salt and baking powder and stir in until you have a smooth dough.
- Spread the dough evenly on the baking tray. Melt the Ovomaltine Crunchy Cream in a bain-marie and spread it evenly on the dough.
- Wash, peel, quarter and cut the apples into small slices. Mix with lemon juice and spread on the dough.
- For the crumbles, melt Crunchy Cream in a water bath. Mix oatmeal, flour, sugar, Caotina powder and salt in a bowl. Add the softened butter and the crunchy cream and knead into crumbles with your hands. If the mixture is too moist, add some more flour. Then spread the crumbles on the apple mixture.
- Bake the apple cake in a preheated oven at 180° C with top and bottom heat for 40 minutes.
- Let the finished cake cool down, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Tip: For a classic crunchy apple cake without crumbles, simply leave out the crumbles and prepare the cake according to the recipe.